As a critical component of the Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University, the Department of Family Medicine health care practitioners will promote well-being through provision of comprehensive, integrated, and personalized care of individuals, families, and communities. Care will be provided with attention to emotional, physical, educational, and spiritual needs in a caring, compassionate, and efficient manner.
The Ohio State Department of Family Medicine will be the leader in primary health care distinguished by its ability to be sensitive to traditional expectations while being responsive to patient issues in a changing health care environment.
Family practice, as a function of the Ohio State Department of Family Medicine, will be characterized by:
• Demonstrating highest regard for patients, staff, and providers
• Providing quality that exceeds accreditation standards
• Serving an expanding patient base "unlimited" by virtue of technology
• Educating future physicians and other health care professionals
• Enhancing quality of health care through research
• Providing comprehensive health care to all regardless of age, race/ethnicity, gender, or socioeconomic status.